I was kindly nominated for a Liebster award by my little friend Sparrow at Space monkey twins. Yeah! I think this particular award is for those with fewer than 200 followers, which I certainly am, and to help us discover new and interesting blogs. I will answer the questions from Sparrow below, and pass the award on to five of my favourite bloggers (should be ten, but I can only manage to follow five properly at the moment), along with ten questions for them to answer.
Thanks Sparrow! :0)
1. What is something you saw today that was beautiful?
I went to visit my friend who lives on an elevated site above a small town here in Tipperary. Today was murky and dark in a Mordor kind of way. The low-lying clouds were just resting on the hills, just gorgeous.
2. What is one good thing that happened to you in the last 24 hours (could be as small as talking to someone you like on the phone).
I met a good friend (the one who lives in the hills) for tea and chocolate cake. Can’t beat that combo.
3. What is a food that reminds you of your childhood?
Vegetable soup at my grannies house every Saturday.
4. What do you see out your window?
Black. It’s 9.00 pm and we live in the country, so there are no street lights.
5. What has surprised you most about blogging?
How cool bloggers are. I thought other bloggers might be self-serving but they are very supportive and encouraging, especially when they see if you’ve gone the extra mile with a particular post. There is a definite sense of community here.
6. What was one embarrassing mom-moment you had this year?
When my daughter spied a pregnant lady in a cafe and roared ‘mummy! Why does that lady have a big fat tummy?!’ The lady just laughed and smiled. Thank goodness.
7. Any book you’d like to recommend?
8. What’s one thing you like to do to relax?
A hot, bubbly bath. Always.
9. If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
A unicorn of course! That would be magic and my daughter would be most impressed.
10. What is your favorite place in the city or town where you live?
My back garden in summertime. It is heaven on a hot summer’s day. I can’t wait for better weather to arrive.
Now, here are my five nominations:
Kate’s blog Hurrah for Gin! is absolutely hilarious. She writes about motherhood and is inspired by her gorgeous blonde-haired, blue-eyed boys. When you’re feeling like crap and everything is crap, Kate’s blog will give you a belly-laugh.
Menimese Creare by Drew is all about the writing. Drew lost her mother recently and is feeling a little stifled. When she can’t find her own words, she selects some fine poetry to express her emotions.
Words, Thoughts, Feelings W.T.F by T.Dawn is a rollercoaster of emotions and experiences. T.Dawn doesn’t hold back and talks you through her life with an honesty I haven’t witnessed anywhere else.
Shannon at Game of diapers is an incredibly organised and practical mother to twin baby girls and a toddler boy. Her blog is very active, funny and a great spot for practical, sensible advice. I don’t know how she does it all.
My thoughts on a page by Tric is a very thoughtful blog dealing with life’s big questions. Some of her posts have stuck in my mind for weeks and actually changed the way I view my life. Read a couple of posts and you’ll be hooked.
Here are my ten questions for my nominations. This will be fun!
1) What is your earliest childhood memory?
2) Recommend one book you think I ought to read.
3) What is your dream holiday? Money is not an issue.
4) Imagine you could invite anyone to dinner – who would your ideal guests be?
5) What is your favourite movie?
6) What is your dream job?
7) What do you want to achieve from your blog?
8) Which blog post are you most proud of?
9) How would you like your epitaph to read??
10) Do you have a nickname?
I can’t wait to read the answers! xx